Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Firmness in the Right of God - #19

It's hard not to live in fear when it comes to the livelihood of the American nation. The United States debt is billowing up to 11 trillion dollars, and for some reason, Justin Bieber and the NBA get breaking news coverage. Our great nation is sadly becoming more and more pathetic in its fast-to-idolize-people-who-look-good-on-a-screen and slow-to-support-our-nation's-moral-and-intellectual-dignity. The fact that we have a front-runner candidate (Gingrich) who cheated multiple times on his wives and refused to pay child support is preposterous. I understand forgiveness and grace but I really think the people who run for president should be exceptionally morally sound and honest people. Essentially, America needs another Abraham Lincoln: loyal, intelligent, moral, religious, humble, honest, and willing to stay strong in the values of America.

Abraham Lincoln is my favorite president. Although he had his life and job on the line, he went forward with what was right in the eyes of God. Lincoln's strong leadership and Christian values saved our nation from corruption and secured the equality deserved by every man and woman in the world. He turned our young nation into something great. Now, some American people would take that hard, earnest standard of leadership and throw it away. I strongly feel if we want another president to lead our nation back to God, then it is our responsibility to find truth and valor in the candidates and elect the one that would steer us back to greatness. I love my country too much to sit back and care less about politics. Yes, they are annoying, but I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am a woman with the freedom to vote and voice my opinion, and I will do so the best I know how.

In Abraham Lincoln's second inaugural address, he said, "With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan - to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations." Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address, March 4, 1865. 

I feel this quote is equally fitting in America today. I hope and pray our nation's citizens will find truth and elect someone with Abraham Lincoln's mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment