Monday, August 22, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

Today is John's first day of a long semester. He will be working during the day and taking evening classes. Lately, I've been worried about John getting the proper sleep he needs for his busy schedule. Last night I suggested he slept on the couch so he didn't have to wake up several times when M woke up. He asked if we could pray about it and I actually said the prayer. I prayed that M would sleep through the night and that John would be able to get the sleep he needed to endure his day alert. This morning I woke frantic. I thought something may have been wrong with M because she was still sleeping. When I went and checked on her,  I could see her little lips move in a sucking motion, still perfectly swaddled. Miracles do happen and prayers are answered. Of course, now I feel kind of silly for not thinking about praying for her to sleep through the night in the first place. : )  Did I mention how amazing 7 straight hours of sleep feels?


1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! Miracles do happen!! Hopefully the prayer will continued to be answered so you can all get the sleep you need. Prayers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete